Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Golf in the New Year

2010 did not start off very auspiciously. I had a terrible game at Joondalup on the 3rd day of Jan 2010. I am too embarrassed to post the score as it was well above 100.

The Pua brothers have all gone on holidays and many of the other players are also away.

In their absence, I have been getting my son Jazton and my wife Annie excited about the game.

Annie , Jazton and I played at Burswood last Thursday instead of having my usual game with the boys. It was pleasant enough to play 18 holes with my son and wife on a Thursday. Jaz hit 100 while I played to 97. This was the 1st 18 holes for the missus and her score was of course quite high. However, I know her tenacity when she wants to improve in a game. That's one of the biggest reason why I love her so much.

I am getting new clubs for the missus as she definitely does not fit the current ones which was bought for her by myself to surprise her. Of course it was all an elaborate plan to get her involved in my addiction. I think it is working. Ha ha ha ( evil laugh).

My eldest son Jazton is totally hooked and will drag me out of bed in the morning to play 9 holes irregardless of the weather. He has dreams of turning pro. I have showed him articles about how much pros earn when they do not play well. He has the potential but who knows.

I just wish I can persuade my youngest son Tyzton to get interested. That way, I get a 4 ball going and am still with the family. He has so much talent but refuses to get involved.

During the Xmas break there was lots of golfing and the biggest concern was to adjust family time with golf. I am sure Harris understands what I am talking about.

Will be playing with my son Jaz and my wife again this Thursday till all the guys come back to Perth. My son has to break 100. He played to 100 last week and shocked me with some drives that were further than mine.

Here's to my son beating me.

No comments:

Post a Comment