Sunday, April 11, 2010

Why do I NOT want a driver in my bag 12 April 2010

I was doing so well reducing my handicap to 21 by using my 3 wood.

I then decided that to get to the next level, I needed to progress to a driver. So, I got myself a new driver. The last one I had was the Callaway FT IQ and it was never stable or my swing was never stable with it. The FT IQ was seldom used.

I have been hitting well with the Callaway Hyper X woods and hybrids. So I thought progressing to the Hyper X driver 11 degrees should bring my handicap down.

Well, I bought the driver in late March and my games in April has been a dismay since.

The company is always good, playing and inspiring my son Jazton is also great. But, but , but, what the hell is happening to my drives.

My game has gone to bits with my drives slicing to the bushes so many times.


2 April 2010 Meadow Springs  : Played to 105 and Jaz played to 101.

Jaz, has suddenly clicked and found the way to cut his score. He is becoming a challenge to me???
Proud as a father can be that his son is playing well, the morale takes a dip.



Royal Fremantle, 5 April 2010

Played with Bambang, Ed and Jaz. I played to 103 and Jaz played to 96. He just lost to Bambang by 1 stroke. Jaz has become a force to be reckoned with. Even Bambang feels the threat and he has been playing for years. Bambang has been a great golfing accomplice. He has been generous in sharing his skills and inspiring Jaz and myself.




Bambang, Jaz and myself at the hole 17 Par 3 Royal Fremantle




Bambang, Jaz and Eddie.


10 April 2010: Collier Park.

This is the school holidays. Decided to play with Jaz 9 holes at Collier. I played to 47 and he plays to 48. He wants to play another 9 to beat me but we have a badminton game with Tyz and the guys. It is getting tough beating Jaz. Maybe I have been saved from being beaten by Jaz?


11 April 2010, Joondalup Golf Course




Myself, Tyz and Jaz at Joondalup Golf Course. It was great that Tyz was with us as my caddie and driver. He has great potential and every time I managed to get him on the course, I hope it inspires him.




Fofo, Bambang , myself and Jaz at Joondalup

Yeah, I played gin rummy till 2 am and then woke up at 540 am to get Jaz and Tyz ready for the game. My 1st hole is a par but the rest of the game descends into chaos with my driver. Jaz hits 99 beating Bambang  by 1 stroke. I am blown out of the water and cannot even compete.  What is wrong with my driver???.


I decided tonight to throw away my driver and stick to my 3 woods. Let's hope the rest of the month sees some semblance of improvement for myself. Jazton is improving in leaps and bounds. I cannot even break 100 for the last 4 games when I should be reducing my handicap to 18. What a crazy game.

I once told my wife that you can have bucketloads of money but no talent. That is exactly how I feel. Hopefully when I next update this blog, my score will have improved.

1 comment: