Thursday, August 27, 2009

Golf at Maylands

Dear friends


Today's Players are in the picture


 


Front left: Cedric, Alfred, Ray Puaya, Henry Puaya, Guan, Leong, Sean
Back left: William, Herbie 
Missing: Ray the golfing lawyer ( he was the photographer)



We were lucky to have Herbie Schrale, the resident Pro from Whaleback Golf Course join us for a round today.

I was thrown into the team with Herbie, Henry , Leong and myself.

It is always an eye opener to play with a pro. I learnt quite a few tricks watching Herbie today. For example, do you know it is a good idea to use a hybrid to putt when you are just off the green. Never saw it done before till today. The hybrid head makes it easier to get over the tall grass just around the green. You learn something every day. However I was so engrossed watching the pro that my game suffered. Excuses, excuses. Last week was the rain, what is the excuse this week?

Played terribly today although I had 3 pars. Gave money to the Pua brothers again.

Herbie has agreed to be the consultant pro for the golf group. We look forward to having him join us and giving us pointers.

He will send us articles that he writes , so that should make the blog more interesting.

Next game is proposed to be at Whaleback at 10 am. Please register your attendance asap.

Here are the results for today.


GOLF JOKE

One Saturday morning I got up early. I put on my long johns. I dressed quietly. I got my lunch made, grabbed the dog and went to the garage to put my golf clubs in the trunk, and down the driveway I went.

Coming out of the garage rain is pouring down; it is like a torrential down pour. There is snow mixed in with the rain, and the wind is blowing 50 mph. Minutes later, I returned to the garage. I came back into the house and turned the TV to the weather channel.

I find it's going to be bad weather all day long, so I put the clubs back in the garage, quietly undressed and slipped back into bed.

There I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different type of activity on my mind, and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."

To which she sleepily replies, "I know! Can you believe my stupid husband is out golfing in this weather?"



Till the next game, see yah.

No comments:

Post a Comment