Thursday, October 22, 2009

Breaking 90 as a Personal Best at Burswood

 BURSWOOD 22 OCTOBER 2009


From left, Gunawan, Stevie, Eduard, Ray Pua, Ray Tan, Ricky, Henry, Michael. 


What a day at the course. My mind is still buzzing at the possibilities.
Have I broken my mental barrier when it comes to the game.

The boys and I played at Burswood today. There were 2 new players. Ed Bitao from the Phillipines and Gunawan from Indonesia/Singapore.

Gunawan, Michael , Henry and myself made up the 1st four. We had a fruitful day as I had an eagle and 2 birdies while Henry had 2 birdies.

The eagle was unexpected. It was at hole 7. Those who know the course will know that the hole is guarded by a water hazard on the left and also the right. Henry laid up with a 3 wood. I went for it with a driver. My shot went slightly right and I thought it ended in the water hazard.

One stroke gone, I thought and I was playing so well.

When we went near the water hazard, Gunawan spotted my ball in the rough. It was in the rough but there was a clear line to the pin.

I took out an 8 iron and went for the green. It landed on the green and I knew I was safe so I turned away from the green. Gunawan then shouted that it was an eagle and I thought he was joking.

Well, it was an eagle and was as good as a hole in one.








                                                           My eagle hole and ball at hole 7.


What a day. Must be the company. I also had 2 birdies today. All in, the score was 87 despite one blowout hole of 8 on a par 5.



All in all it was a good day for the group as Henry and Michael also played at 79 and 96 respectively. Gunawan who is recovering from tennis elbow was just warming up to his pars when the game ended.

It was also great to win Ray Pua's money again.

Till the next game, I am dreaming of breaking 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment