Sunday, September 13, 2009

Family golfing at Maylands

 
Family Golf day
Jazton, Mum in Law, Tyzton , Annie and Myself

Yes, I did not get to play with the golf gang on Thursday cos I was at the hospital with my mum in law. Thank god , cos the rain and wind was crazy.

Well, to make up for not golfing during the week, I was lucky enough to get my mum in law and wife and kids to the golf course on Sunday. I had brought my mum in law back from the hospital for the weekend. They have yet to diagnose her  symptons but I think it is definitely lung cancer from all her smoking. At 78 years, I do not see how I can get her to stop. While at the hospital, I have to bring her out in the wheelchair to the open so she can get  a smoke and her nicotine fix.

Anyway, she was at my home and she complained that she was  bored. So I thought of the perfect remedy.

Get her on a buggy. (Bear in mind she has been banned from driving by myself). Get her some sunshine. Spend time with her daughter, her grandsons and her favourite son in law (me). What else can you ask for.

So we ended up at Maylands. I played well today for 9 holes. Finished 12 over for 9 holes. The wife and eldest son is getting better at their game. The youngest son is happy to just drive the buggy even though he has a great swing.

So that was the weekend for me. A man can consider himself lucky if he can get on the golf course with his mother in law, his sons and his wife. Bet you guys have never done that,

Till I golf again, see yah.

No comments:

Post a Comment