Monday, September 7, 2009

Golfing with the ladies at Mt Lawley Golf Club on Father's Day

Front Left Henry, Anne , Liz and Ray Tan (yeah, he finally got into the picture)
Yes, it was Father's Day. I played gin rummy with my gin group till 2 am. My wife then presented me with my
Father's Day present which was 2 outfits for golf. I had to ask her to hem in the length of the pants so that I could wear them for my game. 
What a loving wife, she stayed up and hemmed my pants in so that I could look good and play well on Father's Day. Where to find a wife like that?
Any way, back to the game. This 2 ladies had 12 and 14 handicaps. The bet was $2 per hole and it was  Henry and me vs the 2 ladies.
The tee off shots of Henry, (El Gorilla) is always impressive. Long and straight.
The ladies to my surprise were just as good at their tee offs. They had  a 50 metre advantage at each tee off. 
I can say that even with that 50 metre advantage, they were teeing off the same distance as myself and Ray Pua. Liz also had a natural draw which made her drives even longer. She called herself the  "Unpaid Hooker "  because of her draws. 
The amazing thing was that these 2 ladies showed us what putting was about. Each hole was a 2 putt with the 2nd putt not more than 1 ft from the hole. 
In the meantime, although Henry's drives were "gorilla" great, however, his putts were also gorilla length. He lacked the ladies' touch.
For me, I was doing my usual slices.
We did survive and by the 17th  hole, the ladies and the men were tied. So, I suggested a final bet for the winner to take all on the last hole. Guess what, Henry 4 putted??????.
So, we ended up paying but what a joy as the course was beautiful and the company great.
I am sure Anne and Liz will  play with Henry and myself again. Till then, no quarter is given and every man or woman to himself or herself. As the ladies said " There are no friends on the course".
Till we putt again, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment